This week, we addressed the deluge of #intersectionality related articles in the Jewish press, and spoke with Liza Behrendt of Jewish Voice for Peace about the Cancel Pinkwashing mobilization that took place at the National LGBTQ Task Force’s Creating Change Conference in Chicago.
Our (newly appointed) New York media correspondent Jonathan Katz discussed the place of Tablet Magazine in the Jewish mediascape, and for those keeping track, we re-introduced the anti-shkoyach.
To listen to other episodes related to Pinkwashing, check out:
- Episode 2: Israeli Pinkwashing and Quebec, in which Claire Hurtig (Treyf’s director of design) discusses Israeli pinkwashing and a recent Quebec delegation of LGBT Quebecois(es) to Israel.
- You should also listen to Episode 14: Resisting Pinkwashing with Dean Spade, in which activist and academic Dean Spade talks about backlash that he received after the Creating Change conference, and what it means to talk about anti-semitism from an anti-zionist perspective.
Episode 12: #Cancel Pinkwashing and the Intersectionality Boogieman – Show Notes
- Jewschool – Intersectionality and the Fight Against BDS
- Washington Post – Why Bernie Sanders doesn’t participate in organized religion
News – Tablet
- Tablet – How Intersectionality Makes You Stupid
- JTA – Adapting to the Recession: Nextbook
- Flavors of Diaspora
- Twitter – Jonathan Katz
- Wikipedia- Chabad/Lubavitch
- The CJN – Waterloo Students Vote No To Boycott of Israeli Universities
- UW Imprint – UW Students Say No to Academic Boycott of Israel
- The CJN – Bronfman Pulls Support from York Over Mural
- Haaretz – Shutting Down a Pinkwashing Event is a Smart, Legitimate Protest Against Israel’s Occupation
- Jewish Voice for Peace – Boston
- “Open letter by Jews of Color and Allies Letter re: CC”
- Black Lives Matter Chicago Statement on #CancelPinkwashing
- Brown People for Black Power Cancels Workshop at Creating Change Conference 2016
- #CancelPinkwashing on Medium
- Electronic Intifada – Protest shuts down Israel lobby group at Chicago LGBTQ conference